Travel tips: Basilica of the Fourteen Holy Helpers (Basilika Vierzehnheiligen)

 Close to Bad Staffelstein is this huge Basilica. Long ago when I visites St Peter’s in Rome, I was quite disappointed as I had previously seen the most beautiful Basilica in a tiny Swiss village, Einsidelehn. It has also been my favorite until I visited this one! Absolutely enchanting visit and the most unexpected surprise on the Romantic Road German tour. I will let the video and photos speak for themselves. Interesting fact, Catholics in Germany still have to pay tax! This church should really be a wonder of Europe. Now, first the outside, then video and interior pics  

Marble pillars up close and one of many confession boxes


The forest on one side and just natural hills on the other 

                    Front view 

Nestled on a high hill with only nature around, a forest on one side, the exterior in sandstone is impressive enough. But upon entering, one is just wowed and wowed repeatedly! A small monastery on the side, a num and Cardinal walked around and there are souvenir shops with lovely things and two cafes to take in all the glory. 















Comments

  1. Anonymous9:55 am

    Impressive. Every time I’ve been to Germany, it’s been in and out for work. Next time, I hope to tour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!